The SelfKey team is looking for a new member for our financial Department.
We are looking for a financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Overall Accounting Oversight
- Ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented
- Cash management functions
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, payroll, and bank reconciliation functions
Establishing and Executing Internal Controls
- Establishing and executing internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures
- Reviewing and approving all invoices to be paid, as well as reviewing accounts receivable aging reports
- Collections on invoices
- Coordinating with external tax accountants for income tax preparation and auditors who prepare internal audits of the company
- Keeping company records organized and readily available for examination.
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Negotiating vendor agreements, as well as reviewing all financial contracts
- Providing accurate and comprehensive financial information to executive management for long-term financial strategizing
- Contribute to long-term financial planning
- Provide crucial financial data and work with executive management to coordinate all financial planning functions with business operations
- Preparing and delivery of timely financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports, budgets, budget-to-actuals, and financial projections/forecasts
- Support month-end and year-end close process
Financial Analysis and Opinions
- In-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions
- Proficient in spreadsheet design
- Assess risk, analyze efficiency and inform policy decisions made by executive management
Banking Relations Development and Maintenance
- Maintain relation with banks and develop new ones according to company strategy
- Apply for new company bank accounts, credit cards, and other financial instruments as needed
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined bookkeeping and finance experience
- Experience working with complex transactions between companies located in several countries / continents
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software (Xero, QuickBooks or similar) user and administration skills
- Overlap with Asian afternoon and European business hours
- Ideally located between GMT+8 and GMT+1
- Reliable Internet connection and distraction free work environment (home office or co-working space)
- Fluent in English
- Remote, Contractor, Full Time
How to apply:
- What qualifies you for this job?
- Have you worked remote before? For how many months/years?
- What is your desired hourly rate?
Are you ready to join us on our voyage?
The SelfKey Foundation team is made up of hard-working and committed individuals, experts in blockchain, technology, legal, finance, marketing, and design.